Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Recently, I've talked to a couple of close friends who've put their relationship with God on hiatus and both when I asked them why they stopped having faith in God, gave me the same answer basically that HE wasn't there when they needed Him the most....

I don't think that they were expecting God to solve their problems, I think what they wanted was some kind of assurance from HIM. I answered them by telling them that just becz they couldn't feel God, doesn't mean He wasn't there...However, I also remember that during my own low period, I found myself thinking the same thing. I felt my faith was tested. And I remembered how I was flipping through the bible trying to find a scripture for me to hold on....then...1 Peter 1:6-7 came....

Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations. That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ.

I realized by reading this scripture that standing strong through my trials means knowing who GOD is, and trusting Him to do what He says He will do. I can't become strong in my spirit overnight, and it doesn't happen automatically. It's a lifelong process of growth, and I have to continue to trust HIM and grow in my faith.......