Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's been two years

When it ended
Without realizing how much I ached
I tried to let go,
In every way possible,
But I failed miserably.

Then He came in and lifted me up,
And I found everything I needed in Him.
Still I couldn't let Him take it,
Bcz I wanted it so badly,
That I failed to see that it wasn't about what I want
But what He wants.

And so it goes
That a few weeks ago,
I had a special encounter
With the one who deemed most important to me.
He touched me and my soul was filled with joy.

The pain and aches that have been stored up
Left me all of a sudden.
The peace of God felt so real and
Everything else seemed so small.
The joy that fills me now
Can never be explained.

For He has given me
Days of heaven on earth.

And so right now
I give Him my all.
Because letting go
Is giving up what I want,
Surrendering wholly to Him.
Dying to self
And living for Him and Him alone.

All glory to You Lord. He has proven faithful, as always.......

Time doesn’t heal everything, but God does!!!!