Friday, May 04, 2007



Will hang out w/ some friends tnght!





----------------------------------
I have these bangles set of 6. I love ‘em becz they are really kewl and can really jazzy-up your wardrobe…..and also there is a huge sentimental value of the "GIVER" of those bangles….

On Thursday, I saw one of ‘em needs soldering. As yawl know by now, I am working in the OUT in NOWHERE town….approx an hr from Atlanta….where the one and only grocery store is FOOD LION…..yepper, basically BFE….so, I asked this kewl gal, T: where is a jewelry place that I can fix my bangle….she said in the next town (20 mins or so) drive, across from the Court House downtown there is a watch/jewelry shop.

Kewl enough….since it needed to be done so I decided to go there for lunch. I drove all the way, parked and went in. The people inside: BUBBAS and BUBBETTES…just stared at you….no Hi, Hello, Welcome…NONE! I was like alrighty then….I am from a big city (Houston, TX), where customer service is important, even though sometimes with the twists of fakery…STILL…it is called Customer Service, which includes: greeting the customers, smiling, pleasant attitudes…blah..blah. NOPE…those BUBBAS and BUBBETTES just stared! So, I came up to the counter…and one of the BUBBA, I supposed decided to ask me “WHAT YOU NEED?” I showed him the bangle and he picked out an envelope and started to tell me that it won’t be ready for pick up until next week, I asked him how much, he said $14.50, and that was it…with no smile, NONE! I proceeded to ask: is that the earliest you can do?….he said: YEP. So, I said: NOT GOOD enough for me! Grab my bangle and leave….WTF!!!! I was p-offed…..so, I was thinking to myself, I will go elsewhere or jes wait until my visit to Houston, VN-Gal knows all these Asian Jewelry stores…and they are nice, pleasant and one even had fixed my clasp once before: free of charge! I definitely don’t mind paying…but I want the service too!

So, driving back, then I passed this retail jewelry store chain: Friedman’s and decided to make another attempt….this time I walked in the lady smiled…and GREETED me…I was like kewl beans…and I ended up get my bangle soldered there, she charged me 14.99 plus Tax and I was happy to pay!!!

Good customer service = good business = money for your store!!!!!!