Sunday, September 28, 2008

The straightforward question, "Where will this relationship head to?" resulted in a honest confession of our relationship and where we both were. Seeing the way he was around me all the time, I knew instinctively that he harbored genuine feelings for me.
That day I was totally an emotional wreck. Using my "clouded judgement" as a crutch, I bravely (perhaps foolishly) texted him back (his prior text messages were irrelevant to the subject I was about to bring up) with the question. With his long-winded reply, I could sense his excitement mixed with anxiousness. I know, I know, I probably shouldn't have handled it the way I did it. Call me a wimp with no balls. However I was confident of what he would say and I had to say to him as well. Eventually we had a two-hour long conversation over the phone.
I love talking to him over the phone. I love receiving his short loving text messages. We do have good chemistry.
After saying my part and having our relationship where it was sans honest confrontation, the message of "love isn't always butterflies and excitement" is true....but if we do love each other and committed to one another, we can overcome...............