Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Ex-Files


What do you with the stuff from your former love-of-ur-life? LOL....Burn it all? Shove it all in the deepest, darkest corner of your closet? Put it in a bin in your garage? Dump it all in your local garbage bin? Leave everything as is? What do you do?

I know this one gal...who keeps a shoebox worth of each ot her exes' for memory....I know someone else (a dude) who gets rid of everything entirely, unless it was something practical (like digital photos n exes' love emails), printed out photos,cards, gifts, etc, gets thrown out.

What would be considered "healthy"? Healthy for you emotionally and for your future, that is.

For me I do understand the importance of remembering the good times...but sometimes I do really wonder if it should all just be left a memory...so one can starts anew.
How else can you really give your heart to someone who is really meant to have it? I was cleaning out the TH prior to ther renovation and inevitably ran into some old pictures/letters/cards/etc from the one of my past. I'm with someone new now, of which, I completely adore. Since I have no use for this old stuff. I wanted to throw it away... but there was a moment when my heart didn't want me to....weird huh???? WHY? I have this pang of memories running through my head then it just kinda evolved into closure...isn't it kinda weird...reading old cards made me feel a sense of closure?
Okay. Sure. I gathered what I could and placed it in an old shoebox. It's weird though because I don't wanna keep it, but at the same time, I'm hesitant to throw it away. I kinda wanna tape it up, and let it sail across the sea (or something ridiculous like that). Just let the good times float around I guess. I figure when I have to re-sort things back to the TH when it is all completed...I will end up for sure to throw it away..............one thing's for sure. I feel the sense of closure about the things that happened..........some time ago :))))